Saturday, March 5, 2011

Heart-Ache

love and divorce. two hands holding broken heart Stock Photo - 8667700

 1.I thought when love for you died, I should die.
It's dead. Alone, most strangely, I live on.
~Rupert Brooke



2.I hate the day, because it lendeth light
To see all things, but not my love to see.
~Edmund Spenser

3.With what a deep devotedness of woe
I wept thy absence - o'er and o'er again
Thinking of thee, still thee, till thought grew pain,
And memory, like a drop that, night and day,
Falls cold and ceaseless, wore my heart away!
~Thomas Moore


4.If we must part forever,
Give me but one kind word to think upon,
And please myself with, while my heart's breaking.
~Thomas Otway

5.Yet leave me not; yet, if thou wilt, be free;
Love me no more, but love my love of thee.
~Algernon Charles Swinburne

6.Walking, working, barely breathing
My thoughts, far away
Heart aching, mind racing
Sleep does not come easily, nor last long....
~Peter Winstanley



7.I am tired, Beloved,
of chafing my heart against
the want of you;
of squeezing it into little inkdrops,
And posting it.
~Amy Lowell, "The Letter"



8.It's not love's going hurts my days
But that it went in little ways.
~Edna St. Vincent Millay


9.Lost in your heart, lost in your eyes
Lost every day, no map to follow
Entire days, weeks, a blur
Flickers of light, in the darkness,
Only to be enveloped in shadows once more...
~Peter Winstanley


10.I prithee send me back my heart,
Since I cannot have thine;
For if from yours you will not part,
Why, then, shouldst thou have mine?
~John Suckling






No comments:

Post a Comment