Sunday, March 13, 2011

Parting

silhouette of bridge and pair of lovers on sunset background Stock Photo - 5544200 


1.Had we never lov'd sae kindly,
Had we never lov'd sae blindly,
Never met - or never parted --
We had ne'er been broken-hearted.
Robert Burns




2.THERE'S no use in weeping,
Though we are condemned to part:
There's such a thing as keeping
A remembrance in one's heart:

Charlotte Bronte




3.
WHEN we two parted

In silence and tears,
Half broken-hearted
To sever for years,
Pale grew thy cheek and cold,
Colder thy kiss;
Truly that hour foretold
Sorrow to this.
  Lord Byron.








4.
it may not always be so;and i say
that if your lips,which i have loved,should touch
another's,and your dear strong fingers clutch
his heart,as mine in time not fara away;
if on another's face your sweet hair lay
in such a silence as i know,or such
great writhing words as,uttering overmuch,
stand helplessly before the spirit at bay;
if this should be,i say if this should be--
you of my heart,send me a little word;
that i may go unto him,and take his hands,
saying,Accept all happiness from me.
Then shall i turn my face,and hear one bird
sing terribly afar in the lost lands.
e.e. cummings


5.







Our two soules therefore, which are one,








Though I must goe, endure not yet

A breach, but an expansion,

Like gold to ayery thinnesse beate.

John Donne






6. Since there's no help, come, let us kiss and part,
Nay, I have done, you get no more of me,
And I am glad, yea, glad with all my heart,
That thus so cleanly I myself can free.
Shake hands for ever, cancel all our vows,
And when we meet at any time again
Be it not seen in either of our brows
That we one jot of former love retain.
Now at the last gasp of Love's latest breath,
When, his pulse failing, Passion speechless lies,
When Faith is kneeling by his bed of death,
And Innocence is closing up his eyes,
Now, if thou wouldst, when all have giv'n him over,
From death to life thou might'st him yet recover.

Michael Drayton






7.
ALAS! our pleasant moments fly
On rapid wings away,
While those recorded with a sigh,
Mock us by long delay.
Time,--envious time,--loves not to be
In company with mirth,
But makes malignant pause to see
The work of pain on earth.
Edward Coote Pinkney






8.
What are we waiting for? Oh, my heart!
Kiss me straight on the brows! and part again!


Again! my heart! my heart! What are we waiting for, you and I?


A pleading look, a stifled cry.


Goodbye, forever! Goodbye, forever!


Goodbye! Goodbye! Goodbye!


George John Whyte-Melville






9.farewell, go trouble younger hearts,
And in me claim no more authority;


With idle youth go use thy property,


And thereon spend thy many brittle darts.


For, hitherto though I have lost all my time,


Me lusteth no longer rotten boughs to climb.


Sir Thomas Wyatt 




10.
Thy kisses chill my heart,
Our lips are cold; averted eyes avow


The twilight of poor love: we can but part,
Dumbly and sadly, reaping as we sow, 
 Love's aftermath.




Ernest Dowson

No comments:

Post a Comment